"Everything I need for the week is packed on my bike, or it's not coming" Many a rider, BMW MOA Forum.
If I were traveling alone, and staying in a hotel, I might be able to agree with this quote. But as a I drop off 30 lbs of gear with UPS I can only laugh at the idea of being away from home for a week, traveling two up and being able to carry everything I need. Need? Did I say need? What do two people need for a week away from home? Well if those people are me and my kiddo...here is what we shipped to the rally site:
- queen size air mattress, and pump
- blanket and sheet
- two bath towels, two hand towels
- a tarp for the afternoon thundershowers
- clothes for 2 - shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, sandles
- rain poncho
- flash light, bug spray
- tent stakes
- Tiki Wine Cup
- two full sized folding chairs, with drink holders. Sure some people would leave these home, but there is only so much roughing it we can take!
- 2 person tent (technically 4 person)
- DSLR camera - 1 lens (no room for the big camera bag)
- We each have a point & shoot camera
- My new 10.1 Acer netbook - the full sized laptop was out of the question, but the little netbook, has a little case for it too.
- rain gear - jacket/pants, boots, rubber gloves for two, that's half a bag.
- spare faceshield
- extra gloves
- a few bottles of water
- power supplies for 3 cameras & two cell phones.
- sun screen
- an overnight bag for the stop in Harrisburg
- an atlas
- bunch of other stuff in the tank bag
Thank you so much for the kind souls who have hit the paypal button and helped us out with gas for the trip!
Give us a wave if you see us!